Thursday, August 21, 2014

Twine Covered Vase

Twine Covered Vase

From North of the Boulevard~

I know it's still August, but I am longing for autumn to arrive! I've started thinking of what kind of autumn decor I want to use this year, even in the midst of 95 degree days. It can't hurt to be a little early. I started with this super simple project.


I had a tall, skinny vase that hasn't been used in years. It's white with green and blue vertical strips and no longer matches any room in my house. I've been meaning to do something with it for the longest time and finally decided on a new look for it.
I found the stems and picks at JoAnn's on sale for 40% off. The total price for all of the stems was $12.00.  I had everything else I used on hand.

How I Made It

To cover the vase with twine, I started at the bottom and put a small dab of hot glue on the vase to secure the twine. Spinning the vase, I wrapped the twine around it carefully to avoid a double row. I made sure to keep it it tightly pulled around the vase. I used a jute twine to give it a thick look. 

Once I reached the part of the vase that has a slope just below the neck, I used tiny amounts of hot glue to keep the twine in place. It gets a little tricky without the glue. One last dab of glue at the very top of the vase holds it securely.

To add some embellishment, I used ribbon to tie a bow around the neck of the vase.

Twine Covered Vase

 In the center, I placed the same kind of felt rosette I used for this wreath.

Twine Covered Vase

Adding the stems finished it off. That's it. Simple, but pretty. This project could easily be done with wine bottles or other types of vases, or even coffee cans if shorter stems/flowers are used.  I like the height of this particular vase. It's tall enough to sit on the floor, but not too tall if I want to place on a tabletop. For now, I've placed it on the hearth. It's looking a little lonely though. I'm not sure if I can wait until after Labor Day to add some more autumn touches to my house. 

Twine Covered Vase



Are  you getting ready for autumn yet?

Post shared on~





Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! We'd love to hear from you.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.acrosstheblvd.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service