Friday, November 14, 2014

Santa's Key


From North of the Boulevard~

A little while ago, I found a package of small burlap favor bags on clearance. I bought them, not really knowing what I would do with them, but they looked like a craft just waiting to happen to me. I also bought a metal skeleton key from the dollar bin at Michael's thinking that I would make a Santa's secret key craft. Burlap bags + key = craft.
I just used a red sharpie to write Santa's Key on the bag. I wrote a few lines for a card that I attached to the key and added a Santa and sleigh graphic from Free Gits and Animations. Then I punched a small hole in the card and ran some twine thought it.




My little poem for the card

If you'd like to download the card, you can find it  here: Santa's Key


I printed mine out as a 4 x 6 on cream colored card stock and trimmed it along the border.


I think this is such a fun idea for children who don't have a chimney. For a while when my children were little we lived in a house without a fireplace and I told them that Santa had a magic key, but I never took the time to actually show them the key. 


It could be left hanging from a doorknob or even a tree branch close to the door. I'm sure children would have fun deciding where to leave it on Christmas Eve.

Now, I need to find a home for this little craft. I don't usually make things that I can't use, but I couldn't resist this idea.

Do you leave out Santa's key? 

Post Shared On~
Your Turn to Shine
Show Me Saturday
Merry Monday
The Southern Special 


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At November 17, 2014 at 5:19 PM , Blogger Chrystal Mahan said...

A few years ago, kiddo asked for a brick from Santa's workshop. My mother and I went to Mernards and they took a brick and slammed it on the ground a few times. Made it look used. Then I used a silver Sharpie to write Santa's Workshop on it and the year. Last year my mother, who works in a bookstore, got some keys in and they came in a nice little box that had the Santa story on the lid. She really enjoyed it but it was more for decoration than anything. I think this would be a lot of fun for me to make and something that she could keep with her brick.

 
At November 17, 2014 at 7:12 PM , Anonymous Oh My Heartsie Girl said...

What a cool new tradition!!! Thanks for linking up with Merry Monday Linky Party!!! Shared your post to Twitter today.
Karren

 
At November 17, 2014 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Lindsay Eidahl said...

This is so precious and perfect for those of us who don't have a chimney. Thanks for linking up to Show Me Saturday

 
At November 18, 2014 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

How sweet is that! Love the story about the brick. Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you have fun making this.

 
At November 18, 2014 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you for stopping and by and thanks for the share.

 
At November 18, 2014 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you, Lindsay. I think children could have lots of fun with it. Happy to link up. I enjoy the Show Me Saturday Party. Thanks for stopping by.

 
At November 22, 2014 at 11:50 PM , Blogger Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

I am featuring Santa's Key on The Southern Special next week. Thank you so much for sharing this darling idea.

 
At November 23, 2014 at 8:29 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks so much, Sharon. I'm delighted that you liked this and thank you for the feature!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! We'd love to hear from you.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.acrosstheblvd.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service