Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Coastal Christmas Wreath

Coastal Christmas Deco Mesh  Wreath

From North of the Boulevard~

Combining the holidays with a coastal theme can be done in lots of ways, but you can't go wrong with adding a little Christmas jingle to sea shells. Placing those shells on a blue and silver sparkly deco mesh wreath brings the feel of a day at the beach to your Christmas decor.

I was asked to make a beachy Christmas wreath for my daughter in law a few weeks ago. She didn't have a particular look in mind, but she sent me a few photos of wreaths she had seen on line that she liked. After thinking about it for a week or so, I decided to make one using shells and deco mesh. 

How I Made It
 I  started with an 18" wire wreath form and  chenille sticks as I did for this autumn deco mesh wreath. I followed the same process as I did when making that wreath. I used blue for the inner circle and silver for the outer circle. 


Coastal Christmas Deco Mesh Wreath

Once I had it full enough, I began putting together the shell embellishments. 
I looped the string that came on the blue glittered jingle bell over one of the points of the star fish and then glued the string to the back of the shell. Then I added a small piece of ribbon by gluing it to the back, too.

Using thin floral wire, I wrapped it around the point a few times and then  threaded it through the mesh to secure it in place on the wreath. I found some wooden Christmas words at Michael's and painted them to match the mesh and glued it onto the shell. 
Coastal Christmas Deco Mesh Wreath

For the scallop shells, I added a jingle bell and then ribbon to the bottom of the shell and glued it to the back, then I ran the floral wire underneath the ribbon on the back and then threaded it through the mesh.
Coastal Christmas Deco Mesh Wreath

For the large starfish,  I used three jingle bells with the string glued to the back. I used ribbon to make two accordion folds and glued them together in the same way I did when I  made an ornament from Christmas cards. I hot glued it to the back of the shell and then painted the wooden "Merry Christmas."
Coastal Christmas Deco Mesh Wreath

My favorite part of the wreath is this beach chair. I found it JoAnn's. It was red, but a quick spray paint job changed that. I threaded the floral wire through the mesh and also added a blue ribbon bow. I had the puffy stick on letter to use for their initial. It looked a little bare, so I rolled up some ribbon and glued it to hold the roll.  I  dabbed some paint on a little ball. The beach blanket and beach ball are glued to the seat of the chair.  
Coastal Christmas Deco Mesh Wreath

I added some sliver glittery ball ornaments by hot gluing them into the folds of the mesh.
Coastal Christmas Deco Mesh Wreath

Coastal Christmas Deco Mesh Wreath

I actually added more smaller silver balls onto the wreath, but forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it to my daughter in law to take home. Those just gave it a a little fuller look.


FEATURED ON


The Southern Spec button                Redo It Yourself Inspirations 
The Southern Special #36

Labels: , , ,

20 Comments:

At December 2, 2014 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Jennifer Meyering said...

This is GORGEOUS! It reminds me of being back home in Florida.

 
At December 2, 2014 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Sarah Jean @ Pretty Simple Ideas said...

I loveee Coastal and I love Christmas. This is beautiful!

 
At December 2, 2014 at 11:45 AM , OpenID homeschoolapalooza said...

That is SOOOO beautiful!! I love it! Also wanted to let you know about a link party on Wednesday. Can't wait to party with you at http://homeschoolapalooza.wordpress.com :-)

 
At December 2, 2014 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you, Jennifer. I'm happy to have reminded you of the beach!

 
At December 2, 2014 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks so much, Sarah Jean. Coastal and Christmas are two of my favorites, too.

 
At December 2, 2014 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you! I'll be sure to check out your link party. Thanks!

 
At December 3, 2014 at 6:18 AM , Blogger Purfylle said...

This turned out so pretty, it takes me back to my childhood visits to the beach with my grandparents.

 
At December 3, 2014 at 8:49 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

It's great when memories like those are stirred. Thank you.

 
At December 6, 2014 at 12:03 AM , Blogger Teri said...

So, so cute!!! This is adorable. I love the colors you chose, and the the ornaments and attachments are perfect. I love that chair too! I bet your daughter in law loves it! I'd love if you would stop by and share this at the blog party, Celebrate It! It is all about celebrating our everyday wonderful life and all the little things that make it up! http://thefreshmancook.blogspot.com/2014/12/celebrate-it-blog-party-20.html

 
At December 6, 2014 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Your coastal wreath is lovely. Thank you for sharing at The Southern Special.

 
At December 7, 2014 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks so much, Teri. My daughter in law was happy with it. I'll be sure and stop by your party. Thanks for the invitation!

 
At December 7, 2014 at 8:44 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you, Sharon. It's a pleasure to share with The Southern Special.

 
At December 8, 2014 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Bernadyn Nettles said...

Beautiful wreath and love the blue and silver along with shell! That chair in the center is too adorable, pinning and sharing on my blog's FB page. Stopping by from Merry Monday Linky. :)

 
At December 8, 2014 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Kimberly Lewis said...

This looks so perfect! I love it! Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for being a part of our party. I hope to see you on tonight at 7 pm. It wouldn’t be a party without you!
Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

 
At December 9, 2014 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks so much Bernadyn. I thought that chair gave it a fun touch!. Thank you for the pin and the share.

 
At December 9, 2014 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you, Kimberly. It's always a great party.

 
At December 10, 2014 at 4:02 PM , Blogger Kristen Campbell said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for linking up at the #homematters linky party! We hope to see you again this coming Friday!

 
At December 12, 2014 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks so much, Kristen. I'm happy to have found your link party!

 
At December 16, 2014 at 7:48 PM , Blogger ReDo It Yourself Inspirations said...

LOVE this wreath!
So much, I featured you at this week's party at Retro RePin! Hope you stop by to grab your feature and link up again! Thank you so much for sharing! Merry Christmas!

Robin at

http://redoityourselfinspirations.blogspot.com/2014/12/retro-re-pin-party-22.html

 
At December 16, 2014 at 8:14 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you so much, Robin! I'm delighted.I enjoy sharing with Retro Re-Pin. Merry Christmas to you, too.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! We'd love to hear from you.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.acrosstheblvd.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service