Friday, February 20, 2015

One Good Thing Week Four


Welcome to week number four in our One Good Thing Series. Each Friday, we will be choosing one good thing from the week prior to highlight.  While lots of good things can be found throughout the week, this is a place to spotlight one in particular. It might be something as simple as a great meal we had or a blog post that inspired us. It could be something awesome that that happened in our lives or in the world around us. It might be something related to our blog. Some will be from Gloria and some from Beverly.  They will all be short snippets of what made us stop and think "Well, that was a good thing!"

We would love to have anyone share their own One Good Thing.


From South of the Boulevard~ Gloria

One good thing this week has been to fixate my thoughts on hope. As said in some previous posts, life South of the Blvd has been quite hectic lately. It’s easy to be dragged down and only see the negative,  but this week I decided to try to hope for the best. Right now I am waiting on several major things to fall into place that I've fought really hard for and waiting is hard and some days having hope is hard, too.  Each day this week I have started my morning commute telling myself “today is the day, it’s going to be today” and even if the day ended and it wasn't the day, I have hope for tomorrow and I know that my day will come. Maybe soon my One Good Thing for the week will be one of these things falling into place but until then, I will hope.


                                       

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." Henry Ford.

That's my One Good Thing for the week. What's yours?

We would love to have you comment and share your One Good Thing from the week. Feel free to add a link to something awesome  if you would like. 

Have a greet week ahead!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 20, 2015 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

Gloria - I hope that the things you are waiting for work out like you wish and even if they don't, I've always found that another door often opens when you least expect it

My one good thing this week was to reconnect with a good friend that I haven't been able to see because I've been so busy lately. This weekend we are getting together and I can hardly wait to see her !

 
At February 20, 2015 at 8:06 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

That's great, Laurie. Glad you're having time to slow down and catch up. Have a wonderful weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! We'd love to hear from you.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.acrosstheblvd.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service