Monday, March 30, 2015

Bunny Ears Napkin Rings for Easter

bunny ears napkin ring

From North of the Boulevard~

Recently I saw a package of adorable bunny ears napkin rings at Michaels. After I looked closely at them, I thought, those would be so simple to make and I knew I already had everything I would need to make them.

These are really cute, but a little plain. 



I googled burlap bunny ears napkin rings and there were a ton of hits for it, but most of them looked just alike. Putting my own spin on them was a fun little project. I made napkin rings for Gloria's wedding a few years ago using a similar method using card stock (instead of a paper towel roll) fabric and lace so I was all set to try these bunny ears using an empty paper roll. 

bunny ears napkin ring

Materials Used:
  • Paper Towel Roll (wrapping paper roll or tissue roll will work)
  • Burlap
  • Hot Glue
  • Lace Ribbon
  • Pink Ribbon
Directions:
  • Cut the paper towel roll into two inch pieces.
  • Cut burlap wide enough to have some overhang on each side.
  • Hot glue the burlap around the roll and tuck it into the openings.
bunny ears napkin ring

bunny ears napkin ring

I used a sheet of laminated burlap so that I wouldn't have a lot of fraying and because it's stiff enough for the ears to stay upright. 
  • Cut two ears from burlap.
  • Fold the bottom of each ear, making a little flap.
  • Hot glue the flap of the ear to the roll.
bunny ears napkin ring

While these are fun just the way they are, I wanted to add a little more to them.
  • Cut a small strip of lace and fold it accordion style.
  • Add a tiny drop of hot glue to keep it folded.
  • Cut a small strip of ribbon and wrap it around the center of the lace.
  • Glue the lace in front of the ears.
bunny ears napkin ring

 I think they would look adorable on a kid's table for Easter Dinner. 

bunny ears napkin ring

While the package I saw at Michaels was $5.00 for four napkin rings, they can be made for practically nothing. What crafter doesn't have some burlap and ribbon in their craft supplies? 

bunny ears napkin ring

How fun are these? Plus, they are so easy to make and don't take much time at all. You can make enough for lots of place settings in no time at all. 

I'm sharing this on the Spring Craft Blog Hop, a hop being hosted by 19 bloggers. We would love for you to join us and add your spring craft creations. 


 photo Spring-Craft-Blog-Hop-3-party-button1.jpg

Sharing On~

Retro Re-Pin

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At March 30, 2015 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Laurie said...

These are so cute and I love how easy these are to make. Great job on a great find!
I find myself taking pictures of things when I'm at the store these days too! (glad I'm not the only one!)

 
At March 30, 2015 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks, Laurie! I know, I see things all the time in stores and think "I could make that." I take pictures to remind myself!

 
At April 2, 2015 at 5:52 PM , Blogger Jenna Hanan said...

That's cute and my daughter could easily help. Love it ♡♡♡

 
At April 3, 2015 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Hi Jenna. Thanks! I hope you and your daughter have fun making these.

 
At April 5, 2015 at 12:22 AM , Blogger Erlene A said...

I saw these too and made some of my own. Super easy craft and definitely something that any type of crafter can do.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! We'd love to hear from you.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.acrosstheblvd.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service