Friday, March 27, 2015

Chocolate Easter Muffins With Cream Cheese Frosting

Chocolate Easter Muffins

From North of the Boulevard~

What is there to do on a rainy afternoon when you're home alone? Baking-that's what! This afternoon was a dreary day, so I checked my pantry to see what ingredients I could find to bake something, preferably something chocolate. I found everything I needed to make chocolate muffins with cream cheese frosting. Since my grandson is arriving for his spring break tomorrow, I thought it would be fun to make them Easter Muffins.

Gloria is the cake decorator in the family, but since she was busy working, I was left to try something on my own. The one thing I realized that I didn't have after I had everything else ready was something to use for the whiskers. 


Chocolate Easter Muffins

So, I improvised. My bunnies have short, stubby, light whiskers!


Chocolate Easter Muffins

The ears are made from a large marshmallow. I sliced it with a wet knife and then cut the slice in half. The ears are nestled between the muffin and an extra cup cake liner.

Chocolate Easter Muffins

I frosted the muffins with cream cheese frosting, added a little coconut and used jelly beans and M&Ms for the face. The whiskers? They are Cheerios that I cut in half! I wasn't going out in the rain to buy something just for the whiskers, so stubby whiskers it is!

A few of the muffins are sprinkled with coconut with some jelly beans on top. Since most of my family does not like coconut, I frosted most of the muffins with cream cheese and just added some sprinkles on top. 

Chocolate Easter Muffins

Chocolate Muffins:
Recipe Source: Food Network

I followed the recipe on Food Network, but I only filled the cupcake liners a little over half full and baked for 15 minutes. I wanted to leave lots of room for frosting.

Chocolate Easter Muffins

Cream Cheese Frosting
  • 1/2 cup of butter
  • 1  eight ounce package of cream cheese, softened
  • 1  box confectioner's sugar
  • 1/2  teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2-3 drops of food coloring as desired
Allow butter and cream cheese to soften
Sift confectioner's sugar
Cream butter and cream cheese
Add sugar, 1/2 cup at at time, continue to mix 
Add vanilla extract, stir

I divided the frosting into smaller bowls and added various food coloring gel to each bowl.

It makes for a plate full of fun Easter Muffins and they are very tasty! 

Chocolate Easter Muffins









Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 28, 2015 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

Aww, so cute! I bet your grandson will love them! Genius how you solved the problem with the whiskers! And the marshmellow ears? I would have never thought of that. You amaze me :) I hope you enjoy your time with your grandson this week!

 
At March 29, 2015 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks! He's already jumped on them and pronounced them really good, so yay! The whisker idea was just a matter of being determined to find something in my pantry to use! Glad you like it.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! We'd love to hear from you.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.acrosstheblvd.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service