Friday, March 20, 2015

One Good Thing Week Eight


Welcome to week number eight in our One Good Thing Series. Each Friday, we will be choosing one good thing from the week prior to highlight.  While lots of good things can be found throughout the week, this is a place to spotlight one in particular. It might be something as simple as a great meal we had or a blog post that inspired us. It could be something awesome that that happened in our lives or in the world around us. It might be something related to our blog. Some will be from Gloria and some from Beverly.  They will all be short snippets of what made us stop and think "Well, that was a good thing!"

We would love to have others share their own One Good Thing.
From North of the Boulevard~

Some weeks it's not that easy to focus on the good things. This has been one of those weeks. It started on Saturday evening when a clock in the garage fell onto my face sending me to the ER for stitches on the bridge of my nose. The not so good stuff continued on Sunday when we realized one of our AC units was not working. In SC, as in many places, a non working AC can make for some very unpleasant temperatures. So, yeah, after having it looked at and tested we now know that it needs to be replaced. A repair on a 15 year old unit is not the best idea. Do you know how expensive those things are? Outrageously so! 

I'm rambling trying to hone in on what my one good thing could be. I suppose it's that I just got home after having the stitches removed and she said it looks good. My mirror says something totally different, but at least it's healing properly. 

I know the good things out weigh the bad, but sometimes, it's hard to focus on them!

So,that's my One Good Thing for the week. What's yours? We would love to have you comment and share your One Good Thing from the week. Feel free to add a link to something awesome if you would like.  

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. And I'll be mindful of falling objects!





Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At March 20, 2015 at 7:03 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

Hi Beverly! Glad to hear that you are healing properly. We had to replace our AC and furnace a couple years ago. They are indeed costly!

Doesn't is always seem like when one bad thing happens, more follow? Or is that just me. Or is it just that you are focused on the bad thing and so other things that you would normally take in stride, just irritate all the more?

I'm hoping for a much better week for you!

My one good thing this week was a visit from my daughter, who has been so busy trying to finish up her PHD and graduate. Somehow she found the time to just show up one evening and I couldn't have been happier to see her and spend some unexpected girl time with her.

Hope you have a great weekend Beverly! I'll be working on that next craft project that has failure written all over it . . but I haven't given up yet :)

 
At March 20, 2015 at 11:11 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks, Laurie. You make a good point. One bad thing coupled with more can skew our outlook. I'm trying to find more positives!

What a lovely treat to have an unexpected visit from your daughter. Working on a PhD is a huge undertaking. It's wonderful that she makes time to visit.

Hope you have a good weekend too. Whatever you're working on I'm gonna bet it turns out great in the end!

 
At April 21, 2015 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Antonia Tran said...

I can only imagine how that is. The last thing you'd want to happen at places of high heat is to lose the sense of respite from such a condition. It was wise that you decided to replace your AC unit then, rather than have the 15-year old one repaired. At the very least, you won’t have to worry about the new one conking out any time soon.

Antonia Tran @ Mode Heating & Cooling

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! We'd love to hear from you.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.acrosstheblvd.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service