Friday, March 27, 2015

One Good Thing Week Nine


Welcome to week number nine in our One Good Thing Series. Each Friday, we will be choosing one good thing from the week prior to highlight.  While lots of good things can be found throughout the week, this is a place to spotlight one in particular. It might be something as simple as a great meal we had or a blog post that inspired us. It could be something awesome that that happened in our lives or in the world around us. It might be something related to our blog. Some will be from Gloria and some from Beverly.  They will all be short snippets of what made us stop and think "Well, that was a good thing!"

We would love to have others share their own One Good Thing.

This week's one good thing for me is a happy mother moment, actually two of them. My children are all adults with families of their own, but I'm still in the background cheering them on. My youngest son and his family just closed on their new home in CA and the construction for Gloria's and Matthew's new home is well underway.  I could not be happier for them! 

Seeing one's children reach goals is always one of the greatest joys for any parent. Knowing that all three of my children are successful, thriving and happy is something that I cherish. 

That's my One Good Thing for the week. What's yours?

We would love to have you comment and share your One Good Thing from the week. Feel free to add a link to something awesome if you would like.  

Have a great week ahead! 

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At March 27, 2015 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love your one good thing and thanks for sharing it. Mine is that winter is over and spring is here! Have a nice afternoon and weekend.
Julie xo

 
At March 27, 2015 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Hi Julie! I'm so glad you stopped by to share! It's great that spring is finally here! We're having a thunderstorm in Charleston this afternoon to prove it! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

 
At March 28, 2015 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

Hi Beverly, Happy Mother moments make me smile! Congratulations to your children, how exciting for them.
My one good thing this week is work related. I had a project to finish, that had me a little worried as to the end result, and truth be told, I procrastinated longer than I should have in getting it done. But this week, I jumped in with both feet and finished the project and I'm so happy it turned out much better than expected and can mark this one off the list.
Hope you have a great week! How is the nose?

 
At March 29, 2015 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Congratulations on the successful project completion! I'm sure that's a great feeling of accomplishment!
My nose is surprisingly much better. Only a little soreness remains and the scar is not very noticeable at all. Thanks for asking!
I hope you have a great week, too.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! We'd love to hear from you.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.acrosstheblvd.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service