Friday, March 6, 2015

One Good Thing Week Six


Welcome to week number six in our One Good Thing Series. Each Friday, we will be choosing one good thing from the week prior to highlight.  While lots of good things can be found throughout the week, this is a place to spotlight one in particular. It might be something as simple as a great meal we had or a blog post that inspired us. It could be something awesome that that happened in our lives or in the world around us. It might be something related to our blog. Some will be from Gloria and some from Beverly.  They will all be short snippets of what made us stop and think "Well, that was a good thing!" 

We would love to have anyone share their own One Good Thing.


From North of the Boulevard~ Beverly

Is it spring yet? No? It felt like it for a few days here this week. Our temperatures were hoovering around 80 for a few days. Then, BAM, just like that, it was over. Today the high is not going to get out of the 40s. I'm aware that there are lots of people who would love to have it just reach the mid 40s, but I don't live in the coastal southeast for nothing! It's March 6. It should feel like March here! 

So, that all sounds like a complaint instead of a good thing. Where is the good thing? I've decided that despite the cool temperatures, I'm bringing out the spring decor for my home. My dining table is now filled with pink and white, my spring wreath is on the front door and my coastal mantel decor hints of warm sunny days at the beach. 

I've been inspired by seeing so many lovely spring time decor pieces all over the blogs I follow. It may not feel like spring, but that's no reason not to make my home look like spring. Maybe, just maybe, all of this spring time decor will convince Mother Nature that it really is time to let winter go.  Are you singing "Let it go" now? 

The daffodils were blooming. Today, they are drooping. Maybe next week, they will all come to life!



Spring is just around the corner outside, but inside, it looks like spring time has arrived.

That's my One Good Thing for the week. What's yours? We would love to have you comment and share your One Good Thing from the week. Feel free to add a link to something awesome if you would like.  

Have a greet week ahead!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At March 6, 2015 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

You are right, I would love to have temps in the mid 40's, and it looks like we will get that and more this weekend! My one great thing this week was that my oldest son got accepted into the college of his choice! We are so proud and excited for him!
I hope you have a great weekend Beverly!

btw, the recipe I have from my Grandmother is for a homemade icing for the coconut cake she always made for Easter that I just loved. I have kept this recipe for 30 plus years and have never made it. Now I just need a good recipe for a cake to go under it - have anything you can pass on?

 
At March 6, 2015 at 3:49 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

I know! I almost feel guilty, but we are way under our usual norm for March 6 here!
How exciting for your son! That's a great thing!

As to a cake recipe, I've got one for a basic white cake that my mother always used for her coconut cakes. It was always really good. I can put it onto my google sites list for you if you'd like it. Or, if you're thinking of something else, I let me know and I'll check my stash of recipes.

 
At March 6, 2015 at 4:06 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

That sounds wonderful! I would greatly appreciate it! I asked my Mom, but with 15 kids, she never had time to bake cakes from scratch.

Never feel guilty about your beautiful weather ! It will catch up to the rest of us soon enough !

 
At March 6, 2015 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

!5 kids! Wow, I can see why there was no time for baking from scratch!

Here's my mother's white cake recipe. It's a pretty standard one, nothing fancy.

I hope it turns out great for you. Lots of steps, but not difficult at all. If anything isn't clear, just let me know.

https://sites.google.com/site/acrosstheboulevard/white-cake

 
At March 6, 2015 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

I didn't add the link correctly. Trying again.

White Cake Recipe

 
At March 6, 2015 at 9:23 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

Thank you Beverly!! You'd think with my big family that I would have learned how to cook . . .but I spent more time with the babies than I did in the kitchen! I really appreciate you sharing your Mom's recipe! I'll let you know how it turns out.

 
At March 7, 2015 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

You're welcome! I'll look forward to hearing about it!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! We'd love to hear from you.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.acrosstheblvd.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service