Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Single Letter Monogram Wall Art With Lace


From North of the Boulevard

If you've seen any of my crafts, you know that I love quick and easy projects. I also love using old frames for various types of wall art. This frame has been used and reused for several different looks. This time, I wanted to make a framed initial in a simple, cheap and easy way. I managed to do just that in under ten minutes using things I had on hand.

I've used a wooden R initial on our mantel frequently, but I removed it recently and wanted another place to display it. It's now in my sun room.

I repainted it with spray paint and once it was dry, I sprayed on more paint and used a paper towel to blotch it. I was hoping for a textured look I read about. It didn't turn out exactly like I thought it would, but I liked it nonetheless.


Framed Initial with lace

This frame has a mat along with a separate insert. I spray painted the insert to match the newly repainted frame.

Framed Initial with lace

I used a lace place mat for backing. I placed it over the glass and folded the extra fabric and tucked it in around the glass. Using the glass gives it support. I added a sheet of cream colored card stock to help hold it in place. 

Framed Initial with lace

I positioned the R in the center and hot glued it in place.

Framed Initial with lace

After I put the pieces into the frame, I had what I wanted.

Framed Initial with lace

This has to be one of the easiest projects I've shared! Having everything on hand meant that I spent zero dollars on this. 

Ten minutes and no additional cost for something I like is a win to me! What do you think?

Framed Initial with lace

Do you display your family's initial? I'm sure there are tons of creative ways to do so. We'd love to hear about yours.

Sharing On~

Party in Your PJs

Wildly Original

On Display

Retro Re-Pin

Featured On

bumblebreeblog

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At March 3, 2015 at 10:50 PM , Blogger Christy said...

I love this! We are moving in a few weeks and this is on my to do list for the new home! Pinned!

 
At March 3, 2015 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

Beverly, I wanted to pop in and read your post and I'm so glad I did! How wonderful to be able to look around and pull together such a cool project in just a few minutes! It really turned out great!

 
At March 4, 2015 at 6:10 PM , Blogger Rachel Beach said...

Beautiful! Love the fun green color you chose and the lace background.

 
At March 4, 2015 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you, Christy! I hope you'll share yours when you make one!

 
At March 4, 2015 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks! I was pretty pleased with it. Yes, it is great to make something out of things I have around just waiting to be made into something cute. And the bonus was how quickly it came together!

 
At March 4, 2015 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you, Rachel. I think the lace is my favorite part. Thanks so much for coming by.

 
At March 5, 2015 at 1:16 AM , Blogger Dee M said...

This looks so sweet and pretty, Beverly. I love the lace background -- very unique! :)

 
At March 5, 2015 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks, Dee! It was fun to put together.

 
At March 7, 2015 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Karen Roth said...

I am just in love with the new R! It looks so lovely. I am a new follower, however, I signed up with my main email instead of this blog related one because you are so special! Have a blessed week.

 
At March 7, 2015 at 9:32 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you so much, Karen. I'm glad you like it. I'm delighted to have you as a new follower.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! We'd love to hear from you.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.acrosstheblvd.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service