Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Spring Basket With Rolled Fabric

Spring Basket With Rolled Fabric

From North of the Boulevard~


This little project happened after I bought four cute baskets from the thrift store for $1.00. I brought them home, not knowing what I was going to do with them other than spray painting each of them in some bright spring time colors. After cleaning and painting them, they definitely looked much better, but they were still a little plain. 

I liked the various shapes and sizes of these baskets and knew I could do something with each of them. .25 each was a price I couldn't resist.  It's rare that I don't find some little something I can't resist whenever I venture into my local Goodwill shop. 



I spray painted the small one a soft pink. I wanted to use this one for spring decor, not specifically Easter decor. 


I started going through my crafts supplies looking for something to perk it up a bit. I found lots of scrap fabric pieces and decided to use some of that on this small basket. I cut the fabric into strips about three inches wide and long enough to wrap around the basket. 


I rolled the strip of fabric and starting at the bottom of the basket, I hot glued the end of it and then wrapped it around, hot gluing it again at the other end. 

Spring Basket With Rolled Fabric

I continued this until I reached the brim of the basket, alternating the colors. 

Spring Basket With Rolled Fabric

To cover the area where the rolls of fabric were hot glued, I made three fabric flowers using the twist and roll method and hot glued those down the basket.

Spring Basket With Rolled Fabric

For now, I placed some silk flowers in the basket, but by adding a container inside of the basket for water, I'll be able to use fresh flowers in it as well.

Spring Basket With Rolled Fabric

Not bad for .25 plus a little paint and fabric scraps. 

Spring Basket With Rolled Fabric

I'm sharing this on the Spring Craft Blog Hop where you'll find lots of ideas for spring decor. I hope you'll have a look and add your spring craft, too. This series of the hop will be open through March 17. 

 photo Spring-Craft-Blog-Hop-Series-200.jpg
#HomeMattersParty
Celebrate It!
Show Me Saturday
City of Links
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Merry Monday
March Creative Craft Challenge
Something To Talk About
Treasure Box Tuesday
Party in Your PJs
Teach Me Tuesday
Wildly Original

~Featured On~

Idea Box                                    Freedom Fridays

Featured at Home Matters Linky Party                                     Snickerdoodle       

 Funtastic Friday                                  bumblebreeblog        
  

Labels: , , , ,

40 Comments:

At March 11, 2015 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Laurie said...

Oooohhhh! I so love this! What a wonderful idea with the rolled fabric and some of your beautiful fabric flowers!! Thank you so much for linking up to Brag About It.

 
At March 11, 2015 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks! It was one of those, hmmm, wonder what I can do with this kind of crafts! I was happy with how it turned out. Happy to share on Brag About It!

 
At March 11, 2015 at 12:17 PM , Anonymous Amy | Canary Street Crafts said...

This is so pretty! Perfect for Easter, and what a steal for 25 cents!

 
At March 11, 2015 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

Sometimes these kinds of projects turn out so wonderfully, and you wonder why you didn't think of it earlier!

 
At March 11, 2015 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

That's so true! Now, I'm hoping something comes to mind for the other three baskets.

 
At March 11, 2015 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you, Amy. It was great to get them for .25 each. Just another reason I love thrift store shopping for craft ideas!

 
At March 12, 2015 at 11:59 PM , Blogger Linda Bouffard said...

PINNED. Have a great weekend. Linda At Crafts a la Mode

 
At March 13, 2015 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you, Linda. Hope your weekend is fabulous!

 
At March 13, 2015 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Gentle Joy said...

Your basket look cheery. :)

 
At March 13, 2015 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks so much! It is adding a little cheer to my decor!

 
At March 13, 2015 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Diana Hansen said...

Super cute!

 
At March 13, 2015 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks, Diana!

 
At March 13, 2015 at 4:54 PM , Anonymous Cyndee said...

Your basket is pretty. Sounds fun to make! Thanks for linking up to idea Box. Come back next week and share more!

 
At March 13, 2015 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you, Cyndee. It was a fun little project to put together. Happy to link up. Thanks for hosting and for coming by.

 
At March 13, 2015 at 11:27 PM , Blogger Melissa Vera said...

This is way to cute and looks so easy to do. Can't wait to try it out with some of my old baskets. Thanks for linking up at #HomeMattersParty

 
At March 14, 2015 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks, Melissa. It is super easy to do! I hope you enjoy yours. Happy to share at #HomeMattersParty.

 
At March 14, 2015 at 4:15 PM , Anonymous Linda@MixedKreations said...

This is so pretty, and spring! They definitely look so much better, and looks like it would be easy to do. I think decorating planters like this too would be so cute! Love your flowers too. Thanks for sharing!

 
At March 15, 2015 at 10:34 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you! It was super easy to do. Planters would look great, I agree. Thank you for the visit!

 
At March 15, 2015 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Shanice Bannis said...

Beautiful! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams, starts on Fridays at 9AM eastern time :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.

 
At March 15, 2015 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you, Shanice. I'd love to share at your party. I'll definitely stop by. Thank you for the invitation!

 
At March 15, 2015 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Dee M said...

These baskets are adorable, Beverly! I love the pretty colors and the fabric flowers. Thanks so much for sharing at Snickerdoodle. :)

 
At March 15, 2015 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks, Dee. It was fun to see what I could come up with using those scraps. Happy to share at Snickerdoodle!

 
At March 16, 2015 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Crochet Hooks said...

totally love these Beverly! what a brilliant idea! I can so see myself covering my basics with some of these scraps I have here! Love the flowers too! I haven't checked but I hope you linked this to our Creative Challenge link up!! Please :)

 
At March 16, 2015 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you so much! So many things could be covered this way. I didn't link it up with the Creative Craft Challenge because technically it isn't clothing, but you're the host and if you say it's ok, then, I'll definitely link it up!

 
At March 17, 2015 at 3:11 AM , Blogger Ashley Tukiainen said...

This is a really cute idea!!!

 
At March 17, 2015 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Vicki Fenton said...

Hey Ladies! - First, love the thrifted baskets. Second, love what you did to the thrifted baskets. What a fab idea to cover them with fabric scraps - and the pretty rosettes put this over the top! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Something To Talk About Link Party!

 
At March 17, 2015 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks, Ashley!

 
At March 17, 2015 at 8:27 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks so much, Vicki! I love finding baskets at a thrift shop. You can't beat the prices and you can always change them up with a can of spray paint! Glad you like the fabric roll idea. Happy to share on Something To Talk About.

 
At March 18, 2015 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Bonnie H said...

What a great idea! I love the way they turned out.

 
At March 18, 2015 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you, Bonnie! It was fun finding an inexpensive way to make the basket spring like. Thanks for visiting.

 
At March 19, 2015 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Joy said...

Beverly, this is so creative and fun! I saw it featured at Idea Box link party- congrats! :) Hope you're having a wonderful week! :)

 
At March 19, 2015 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you, Joy. I was just delighted that it was featured at Idea Box. Thanks for visiting! Hope you have a lovely day.

 
At March 19, 2015 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Kristen Campbell said...

Just so you know, this post has been featured at the #HomeMattersParty for THIS week! You can check it out when the door opens tonight (Thursday) at midnight EST here: http://theroadtodomestication.com/2015/03/20/home-matters-linky-party-29

 
At March 19, 2015 at 9:51 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Oh wow! Thank you and thanks for letting me know, Kristen!

 
At March 19, 2015 at 11:13 PM , Blogger Sherry Nappa said...

This basket is gorgeous. It's featured this week on Funtastic Friday. Hope you can join us again this week.

 
At March 20, 2015 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Sarah Ramberg said...

How pretty! I would love to try this with some of my vintage fabric scraps!! Appreciate you linking this up at Snickerdoodle Sunday, will we see your latest makes tomorrow evening? :)

Sarah (Sadie Seasongoods)

 
At March 20, 2015 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you so much, Sherry! I'm just blown away by how well liked this little basket has been! I'll be sure to stop by today. Thanks so much for the feature.

 
At March 20, 2015 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you, Sarah. I'm sure it would be very pretty using vintage scraps. Happy to link up and I'll be by for the next one. Thank you for coming by!

 
At March 21, 2015 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Izabela Kumar BR said...

So cute! Good idea! :) #homemattersparty

 
At March 21, 2015 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks, Izabela!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! We'd love to hear from you.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.acrosstheblvd.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service