Sunday, March 15, 2015

Time Crashes Down


From North of the Boulevard~

Yesterday started off so well. It was a beautiful, sunny day in Charleston. I spent a little time doing a Face Time chat with my youngest grandson. He’s absolutely precious. Then, Gloria called and asked me if I wanted to go antique shop hopping with her. Absolutely! We had a nice day, found a few treasures and I found one great idea for a new craft.


Not one to procrastinate, once I got home, I mentioned the craft idea to my husband and asked about some scrap wood he has in the garage. Together, we started sorting through it, looking for just the right size that I needed.

And that’s when my perfectly nice Saturday came to a crashing end, literally. My husband bumped a piece of wood onto a shelf which had a large, round metal clock on it. The clock was knocked off the shelf and crashed smack in the middle of my face. What’s on the middle of the face? The nose. My nose. In less than five seconds, my day went from very nice, to very painful. 

It wasn't pretty, I can tell you that! It hurt like crazy and there was a lot of blood, but it wasn’t until I managed to stand up and go back inside the house to look in a mirror that I saw just how ugly it was. A debate ensued over whether or not to go to the hospital. I’ll omit the details of how it looked. We decided that it was probably prudent to have it looked at.

Over three hours later, I was leaving the ER with four stitches on the bridge of my nose. I think the four shots of Lidocaine they gave me in my nose to numb it before the stitches were put in hurt as bad as the initial injury. I was pretty proud of myself for not allowing all the curse words I was thinking to escape!

I suppose the good news was the Xray didn't show any signs of fracture. The bad news? I now how a big ole bandage on my nose and due to the angle of the cut, I was told it’s likely to leave a scar.  

The moral of this story is don’t stand under a clock because time can come crashing down on you! Yeah, I can laugh about it now, just a little though!

Now, back to that new craft idea....


Labels:

8 Comments:

At March 15, 2015 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Laurie said...

Oh No! So sorry that happened! Happy to hear nothing was fractured, but I imagine it does not feel good at all. Sending hugs your way!

 
At March 15, 2015 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you, Laurie. Nope, it doesn't feel good at all, but I'm sure it would be a lot more painful if something had fractured, so I'm trying to look on the bright side!

 
At March 15, 2015 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

I'm guessing you're a half full kind of gal - me too. And you are so right, things could have been way worse - at least you were clocked and lived to tell the tale! lol

 
At March 15, 2015 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

I try to be! Ha! Thanks for the laugh.

 
At March 16, 2015 at 12:16 AM , Blogger Karen Roth said...

{{{hugz}}}} Will be praying for a speedy recovery! My brother tried to throw me a basketball when we were younger and it landed smack dab in my face and broke my nose and now I have a Deviated Septum....Blah, know how ya feel , Hun!

 
At March 16, 2015 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you, Karen. I appreciate that! That sounds terribly painful.

 
At March 16, 2015 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Vicki Fenton said...

Oh my goodness…that sounds awful! Glad to see you still have your humor! Hope you heal well and quickly!

 
At March 16, 2015 at 9:37 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

It definitely wasn't on my agenda for Saturday evening, that's for sure! Sometimes, you just have to laugh at a situation. I've been out of the loop most of today, got up, puttered around, took some meds and went back to bed. Thank you very much for your well wishes, Vicki. I appreciate it!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! We'd love to hear from you.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.acrosstheblvd.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service