Thursday, April 2, 2015

Easter Tablescape~Mixing Vintage Treasures With DIY Decor

Easter Tablescape~Across the Blvd~Vintage & DIY Decor

From North of the Boulevard~

Is your table dressed for Easter? I love the light and pastel colors of spring and I like for my dining table to reflect that.  Using a combination of depression glass, milk glass, some china I've had for at least twenty years and adding in a few DIY pieces, I gave my usually gold and brown table setting a spring time make over.

I love a pretty napkin fold and a couple of years ago I came across this rosette fold  that was especially eye catching at  Stone Gable.

Rose Napkin Fold
1. Fold a square napkin into a triangle
2. Roll it from the straight fold to the point
3. Roll the napkin tightly to form the center of the rose
4. Continue to roll the napkin, loosely
5. Tuck the end of the napkin into the fold in the back



Easter Tablescape~Across the Blvd~Vintage & DIY Decor

It's a very simple napkin fold and it looks pretty sitting inside the cups. 

Rosette Napkin Fold

I have a collection of depression era glassware from Jeanette Glass Company.  The pattern is Iris and Herringbone. I love the delicate flowers on this. This pattern has had a lot of reproductions, but as with any vintage glassware, there are ways in which to spot a reproduction. The originals are not expensive when compared to some other depression era glasses, so it's an affordable option for collecting.  Some pieces are much easier to find than others. 

I'm using the stemmed glasses and saucers for my table this spring. 

Iris and Herringbone

Iris and Herringbone Saucer

I have two Iris and Herringbone double candle holders that I absolutely love that I'm using as well.
Iris and Herringbone Candle Holder

I've added a few pieces of milk glass to my dining table this spring. The vase is also the Iris and Herringbone pattern.

Easter Tablescape~Across the Blvd~Vintage & DIY Decor

I love the combination of milk glass and Iris and Herringbone. The vase may or may not be from the depression era, but it is Jeanette. 


Iris and Herringbone Milk Glass Vase

My DIY faux sugar eggs and white and pink silk flowers scattered on the table add to the spring time look. The little bunny is a thrift store find. 


Easter Tablescape~Across the Blvd~Vintage & DIY Decor



Shopping my own home is the very best way to pull together a spring time look that I wanted. The only thing missing is some fresh flowers. I'll have those in the vase for Easter Dinner. After Easter, I'll remove the bunny and egg decor and have a pretty spring time look for a while. 

Combining vintage pieces with new items works for me! I'm not much of a purist when it comes to decor. If I like it, then I'm happy to use both old and new and some simple DIY projects mixed in, too. 

Are you a fan of depression era glassware? Do you have a favorite pattern?

Happy Easter! 

Sharing On~




~Featured On~

 Freedom Fridays

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At April 2, 2015 at 11:24 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

Beverly - What a beautiful tablescape for Easter! The mix of vintage and new works well :)
I have a few pink depression glass serving pieces that my Mom gave me and I use them often.
Hope you are having a great week with your grandson!
~Laurie

 
At April 3, 2015 at 1:20 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you so much, Laurie! There are so many beautiful patterns from depression era glassware.
We're having lots of fun with him!

 
At April 4, 2015 at 12:16 AM , Blogger Theresa Begin said...

I love your beautiful tablescape, Beverly!! Very pretty! You're going to have to show me how to make those rose napkins! LOVE them! Thanks for sharing with us @ What to do Weekends!! Pinning!

 
At April 4, 2015 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you so much, Theresa! I added in a quick how to and collage of the napkin fold. It's super easy to do. I was happy to share at What to do Weekends. Thanks for coming by and for pinning!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! We'd love to hear from you.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.acrosstheblvd.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service