Friday, April 10, 2015

One Good Thing Week Eleven

One Good Thing

Welcome to week number eleven in our One Good Thing Series. Each Friday, we will be choosing one good thing from the week prior to highlight.  While lots of good things can be found throughout the week, this is a place to spotlight one in particular. It might be something as simple as a great meal we had or a blog post that inspired us. It could be something awesome that that happened in our lives or in the world around us. It might be something related to our blog. Some will be from Gloria and some from Beverly.  They will all be short snippets of what made us stop and think "Well, that was a good thing!"

We would love to have others share their own One Good Thing.

This has been a difficult week in the Charleston area. In midst of so much anguish, it's imperative that everyone tries to find some brightness, something good. I'm sure for those directly involved in the tragedy, that is a monumental task. 

Writing a One Good Thing post seems quite trivial today. I'm going to mention only one aspect of the situation that has dominated the news. There have been multiple protests taking place in North Charleston. These have been non violent protests. I am both thankful and relieved for that. It's a very good thing that people are trying to have their voices heard and they are doing so in a manner in which does not condone violence. 

We would love to have you comment and share your One Good Thing from the week. Feel free to add a link to something awesome if you would like. 

I hope your week ahead is peaceful. That's something no one should take for granted.



Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At April 10, 2015 at 6:38 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At April 10, 2015 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

Sorry, about that. I posted a comment and then removed it - because I didn't read it before I hit that post button - and I had an extra word in there and it drove me crazy - so I'll try again.

I am saddened by the events that happened in your area. My heart breaks for the family and friends who have lost a loved one. I am thankful that the message is being heard in a non-violent way and I pray that continues.

My one good thing this week was using some of the time I had off work to devote to my lamp project. I had so much fun putting that together.

 
At April 10, 2015 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

That drives me crazy when I do something like that, too!

You did such a great job with the lamp project. Glad you had some time to work on it! I hope you have a lovely weekend!





 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! We'd love to hear from you.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.acrosstheblvd.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service