Monday, April 6, 2015

Yorkshire Pudding

Yorkshire Pudding - Across the Blvd

From North of the Boulevard~

Have you made Yorkshire Pudding? To be honest, I'd never even heard of it until my son made them during my last visit to his house. When he said he was making Yorkshire Pudding, my first question was "what kind of pudding is that?' So, I may have been the last person to know that Yorkshire Pudding is not a pudding at all, but a delicious, light and airy roll. 

I'd rather not say how many of these I ate at my son's house! They are one of the best rolls I've ever had though and I am a bread lover. I decided to make these for Easter dinner and when I asked my son for the recipe, he told me  to Google Gordon Ramsay's Yorkshire Pudding. I followed the recipe found on food.com for  Yorkshire Pudding with a couple of changes.

I used a mixer instead of a blender and it was fine. I also did not have any coarse salt, so I used regular table salt. I substituted 2% milk for the whole milk it called for.

CLICK FOR PRINTABLE RECIPE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

Ingredients Used~
  • 4 Large Eggs
  • 1 1/2 Cups of 2% Milk
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/4 cups of All Purpose Flour
  • 12 tsp vegetable oil
Combine eggs, milk, flour and salt in a large bowl. Mix with electric mixer until well blended.

Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. 

Pre heat oven to 425.

Put 1 tsp vegetable oil into each section of a muffin pan.

Place muffin pan on the top rack of oven and allow it to get very hot, almost smoking.

Remove pan from oven and immediately spoon the batter into each section 2/3 full.

Return to oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.

Do not open oven door while baking.

I baked mine for 15 minutes, looked through the oven door with the light on and continued baking for 3 more minutes.

I used a butter knife to remove them from the pan. They popped out easily. 

They were a hit at our Easter Dinner and I'll definitely be making these again.


Yorkshire Pudding

They are so light and fluffy.

Yorkshire Pudding

Someone please tell me that I was not alone in not knowing that Yorkshire Pudding is a roll! Apparently, these are a traditional English side dish often served with beef and gravy. I'm not sure I would like them that way, but as a roll with some butter on top-they are delicious!


Sharing On~

#HomeMattersParty


Snickerdoodle Sunday

Something To Talk About

Merry Monday

Teach Me Tuesday

Treasure Box Tuesday

What'd You Do This Weekend?

Totally Terrific Tuesday

Party In Your PJs

Brag About It

Idea Box

Freedom Fridays

What To Do Weekends

~Featured On~

Idea Box

Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

At April 6, 2015 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Vicki Fenton said...

What? A roll? We had no idea..,but it looks delicious. We've bookmarked the recipe and definitely giving it a try! Cheers to a great week!

 
At April 6, 2015 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

I have to tell you I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who didn't know this! My son's mother in law is British and that's how he discovered them. I was just on my way to your Something To Talk About Party to link this. Hope you have a great week, too!

 
At April 6, 2015 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Angela McKinney said...

Ok so I have heard of this but had no idea it was a roll! I would really like this because I too am a bread person and would probably eat them all. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

 
At April 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

They are hard to resist! They are really easy to make. Thanks so much for visiting.

 
At April 7, 2015 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Crochet Hooks said...

ohhh i always wondered about yorkshire pudding! Love Gordon Ramsey and Hell's Kitchen :) These rolls do look delish and something I will have to try just to test them out. Thanks for sharing with us at Snickerdoodle!

 
At April 7, 2015 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

I hope you love them, too! Happy to share at Snickerdoodle.

 
At April 8, 2015 at 12:07 AM , Blogger Laurie said...

lol, I had no idea either! These look so delicious! Pinning!
Thanks for sharing your tried recipies!

 
At April 8, 2015 at 6:25 AM , Blogger Jennifer Koshak said...

For Easter, I asked my husband (a chef) to make popovers and his reply was "Yorkshire Pudding?" That was the moment that I found out it was a roll.

 
At April 8, 2015 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

They are! Give them a try and let me know how you like them. Thanks for pinning!

 
At April 8, 2015 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Joy said...

Beverly, I have never attempted to make Yorkshire Pudding- it has always seemed mysterious and complicated to me! Thank you for shedding some light on this beautiful dish- I appreciate the step by step instructions- you make them seem do-able! :) Thanks for sharing them at Treasure Box Tuesday- pinning to try! :)

 
At April 8, 2015 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

It's good to know I was not alone!

 
At April 8, 2015 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

It's surprisingly easy! I'm glad you like the step by step. Thanks so much for pinning and for visiting. I'm always happy to share on Treasure Box.

 
At April 10, 2015 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Joy Mooiweer said...

I adore Yorkshire Pudding, I've had it in restaurants and have made my own, your version sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend? I hope you will join us again this Monday!

 
At April 10, 2015 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

I loved that it's so easy to make! Having such Thanks so much for visiting. I'm happy to share.

 
At April 12, 2015 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Shirley Wood said...

While I was aware that Yorkshire pudding was bread (thanks Food Network), I didn't realize it wasn't difficult to make. Those rolls really look tasty. I love that your family had these for Easter. Now you have a recipe from your son, that is really cool! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday. Hope to see you at the new party tonight!

 
At April 12, 2015 at 9:58 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thanks, Shirley. I sent my son a photo of them and got a "Bravo" from him, so that was fun! Happy to share on Merry Monday. Thanks for visiting!

 
At April 14, 2015 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Mila Myk said...

You are not alone ! :) Didn't know they existed till I moved to UK.
They are obsessed with yorkshire puddings here :)
Yours look so much better than store bought!

Thanks for taking the time to link up with us!
xx
Mila (Idea Box)

 
At April 14, 2015 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you, Mila! My son's mother in law is from England and she's the one who introduced them to him. He claims that he makes them better than she does now. Happy to share on Idea Box. Thanks so much for visiting.

 
At April 15, 2015 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Christy said...

Hi Beverly! My husband is from England and introduced me to making these delicious rolls! I love them and will be featuring them as one of my picks at Idea Box this week. Thanks so much for linking up :)

 
At April 15, 2015 at 10:41 PM , Blogger Beverly Roderick said...

Thank you so much, Christy! How fun. I'll have to let my son know that he inspired me to make something that became a feature! I'm wondering if you or your husband's recipe is different.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! We'd love to hear from you.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.acrosstheblvd.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service